Thursday, November 18, 2010

I wish I had a mango tree in my backyard...

On Monday we got our site announcements!! I don't think I am allowed to put the exact village on the internet but I can say that I will be just south of Banfora (google it!). It is supposed to be the greenest place in Burkina with waterfalls and lots of mango trees and fruit :) I am a happy camper. Plus the PCV who was there before me had a really active womens group that she worked with so it is nice to know I am headed to a place with active and motivated women.
Ever since we found out where we are going, I have been anxious to hit the ground running and be done with training. The only thing that I am NOT looking forward to is leaving all the other awesome people who are training with me! I do have quite a few people only a day trip away, though, so that is great.
Next week is obviously Thanksgiving and we have quite a feast planned. We broke up into groups and every group is cooking/baking something and we are all getting to spend the night at our training center. It is going to be so much fun and so delicious. Our program directors even bought us a present-two giant butterball turkeys!!! (turkey is really hard to find here).
Oh and my minor moto accident bumps and bruises are healing well. Basically life is great. And that is all for now.
Peace out!

3 comments:

  1. OMGGGG MANGOES AND WATERFALLS?!?!?!?!?!Waterfalls?!?!?!?!
    I can't wait to book my ticket! First thing w hen my loan comes in next semester!

    And yay turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsy - glad to hear that you have recovered from the bike accident and still have a stupendous attitude. We will miss you being with us on Thanksgiving. There will be an empty spot (or two - because dad won't be here either) at the table :-( but I am glad that you have a great day planned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I am here to say a very happy birthday to you Lindsy! I am not sure how else to do it or where to do it so here it is! Sounds like everything is going amazing for you as only you deserve!!! Happy Birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete