Thursday, November 11, 2010

Lessons learned the hard way...

First of all, I am learning that I need to be more confident with my French. The majority of the time I actually understand what people are saying I just THINK that I don't. A lot of times it is because things don't make sense to me even if they were in English. One example was yesterday when I walked out of my room and my little host sister said that I was well dressed. I was wearing dark green pants and a dark blue tshirt so surely, I thought, she has to be saying something else. "She is saying your clothes are pretty," my host mom said after seeing the confused look on my face.
Second lesson, and slightly more serious, is to always be absolutely sure there is not a motorbike coming before you turn. Yes, while on my bicycle I was hit by a motorbike. No worries because I just have some bumps, bruises, and road rash but it was not fun. So now I ride my bike like an old lady but better safe than hit by a moto...
Other than that incident I am still loving it here! I find out my site assignment on Monday, so I will keep everyone posted!!!

1 comment: